A Tale of Two Sisters

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Revenge of the nerds

Mimi loves candy... there is no question that my daughter has an unquenchable desire to eat candy all day every day.
Halloween presents a full package of bribing, deal making, embezzling and other crimes all in the name of candy.
Mimi asked me one day, when JieJie was little, how many pieces of candy did I let her have per day after Halloween.
Knowing that Jiej was far away, I bent the truth slightly.

"Jie Jie was only allowed one piece of candy per day", I stated.

Then , a few hours later, I hear Mimi on the phone with her sister on the phone.
Jie Jie is telling Mimi that I let her have five pieces of candy per day.

I grabbed the phone and asked Jiej why she would say such a thing.

"I just want Mimi to like me", was her reply. The candy battle rages on.



We have a huge amount of tiny boxes of nerds.

I find myself talking about nerds a lot lately and whenever I say the word, I think of this classic scene from American Splendor.
Mimi now says "revenge of the nerds" just like Toby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers