A Tale of Two Sisters

Friday, April 16, 2010

You never forget ,it's like learning to ride a bike

Mimi learned to ride on two wheels.

As Auntie Julie always says,Mimi has a great center, a wonderful sense of balance.

Terry took the training wheels off. He then set about in the typical fashion running behind her with his hand on the back of her tiny bike seat.

Mimi really wanted to do it on her own so she would balance put her foot on the highest pedal and move forward a few feet.

I have to admit I was breathless, watching this kid take off to fly. I would squeal or take one of those loud weezy breaths.

She would reprimand me for destroying her concentration.

Two hours later, she was free. A woman and man walked by and the woman stopped and looked at Mimi and said"a bike is the best gift you can give a child"

I would have to agree. There is this wonderful sense of being able to go anywhere when you watch Mimi ride.

The world is her oyster.

All I can think is first the bike then the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers