A Tale of Two Sisters

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mimi can read




Thursday night Mimi became a reader.

I bought a book for her online. The book was one of my favorites as a teeny girl.

The book has recently been brought back to print and it is definitely her favorite.The book is a simple story of Anne and her passion for the color red. She is out shopping for clothes with her mother and sales people try to talk her into buying clothes of all different colors, Ann likes red,red,red, red,

"Anne likes red" travels with Mimi everywhere,the bathroom,the dinner table,the car, school.

Wherever Mimi is" Anne "is not far behind.

I get chills thinking about the moment when Paulina started to read and a whole world opened up to her. I clearly remember realizing that I could read words. It is the most exciting,liberating feeling.

I love Ann.

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember the Ann book but I love the illustrations are wonderful! Learning to read is a great thing it is exciting and liberating.

    ReplyDelete

Followers