A Tale of Two Sisters

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Walt Disney World Day 3






Day three on our vacation was full of heat, activity and wonderfully timed surprises.

It was decided again,by six year old vote to go to the Magic Kingdom. We rented the girls strollers because the heat was so overwhelming we couldn't seem to move fast enough through the park.

The girls were armed with ice filled fans and their lanyards for pin trading.
They decided at the front of the park to pick out some Minnie Mouse finery to compliment their sweaty little heads.

We watched the live show in front of the castle, breezed through their favorite rides in Fantasy Land(thanks Mike) and then cruised into Frontierland where we ran into Jessy and Woody from the"Toy Story" trilogy.

The line was stretched for what seemed to be a mile. The girls were willing and able to wait in this amazing line to see some favorite characters, Missy and I were not as willing and barely able.

These characters are in some incredible Wild West gear and they had a Disney employee available to coordinate visitors and probably catch them when they pass out from heat exhaustion.

Now I don't mean to be a curmudgeon, but, I do have a Disney complaint about these character meet and greets, Adults.

There were tiny kids from all over the world standing in this line with parents anxiously trying to keep them hydrated and cooled off. One mom grabbed an available hand towel and poured ice water over it, draped it alternately over her withering children's heads.


Now I love Disney as much as the next person, but the line was probably 60% adults waiting to meet these characters.

I was thinking inside of my sceptical little mind, why are these adults waiting a half an hour in line to actually stand with a couple of 20 year old kids in costumes that will be doing tequila shots at Pleasure Island later this evening?

I think that the little ones should go first and the fantasy seeking adults should have the common sense to stand aside. After all, Disney is for children. I love it and I feel like a child when I am there but I am not purposely blocking a child from seeing Goofy march in a parade. Enough preaching from me for now.

That afternoon we arrived back at the hotel to find sand buckets filled with chocolate dipped Mickey rice crispy treats,munchies and assorted candies, one for each girl(great touch).

For more photos and adventures follow my tumblr at www.mimiandjiejie.tumblr.com

2 comments:

  1. I hear you about adults in line, but doesnt Disney bring out the kid in all of us? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it truly does, I was in tears a lot of the time.
    Such grand memories.

    ReplyDelete

Followers