A Tale of Two Sisters

Monday, October 18, 2010

I Cast A Spell On You








A little over a week ago, Mimi and I went to an apple orchard/ pumpkin patch/ haunted house.

The weather was unseasonably warm and I had already taken Mimi to a local antique barn to seek some treasure, so I felt that a full wristband of fall frolic was due.

Mimi had assured me that she was ready for the full haunting activities, so we started with the haunted house.

The haunted house was the most basic(considering the kid goes through the haunted mansion at Disney(at night, during Halloween).

This chicken coop, black lighted, spray painted spectacle scared her tiny pants off.

Next, we visited a petting zoo, pumped water, jumped off of hay bales, rode a train and ponies and visited this strange little band of scarecrows.

The music they were playing captivated me.I found out it was Johnny Otis, who was responsible for the hand jive.


We drank a bunch of cider, ate donuts fresh from the fryer and basked in the glow of Johnny Otis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers