A Tale of Two Sisters

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Moon River

Dad passed away 2 years ago, tonight.

Barack Obama was inaugurated, and we were thrilled. Dad and Mom were here all day watching the festivities.


My sister Mary, recently brought to my attention that Dad and Audrey Hepburn(a person, I admire greatly) had passed away on the same date.

I have thought about it a lot over these past few days.
Audrey Hepburn fell ill with colon cancer and was in Cedar Sinai Hospital.

I have only written one letter to a famous person in my life and it was to her,in her last days.
I think that Audrey embodied so many qualities that my dad had, elegance, charm, humility.
My dad and mom were huge Audrey Hepburn fans.

My dad passed away while watching Barack and Michelle dance their first dance as President and First Lady.


It was truly a great day for dad.
I am posting an old interview, with Phil Donahue( a man I wanted to marry, as a child) and Audrey Hepburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers