A Tale of Two Sisters

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Race To Nowhere

The other evening I was talking to Jiejie on the phone. We were discussing the close to her University of Wisconsin experience and how she felt about education.


I also have Mimi, who is six, and absolutely hates school. A black pall hangs over our home during the school week.
Mimi had midwinter break, and then she was kept home for a school week with the virus.

Mimi went back to school yesterday threw up at the end of the day,and was back at home today, back to low fever and junk.

Despite all of her high fevers and malady, she has been the happiest I have seen her since she started first grade.

Her teacher sent home a folder of the weeks work for her to complete at her own pace, and she completed it happily, in two days, including a diorama of the sea.
Mimi is a cricket on the hearth.
I have heard of the film http://">"Race To Nowhere" and I have read "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother "my path as a parent becomes curiouser and curiouser

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers