A Tale of Two Sisters

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hey Ladies

Ok, my dream is about to come true. We are going to be chicken owners.

I must elaborate. We have friends in Royal Oak that have always wanted to have chickens and because Royal Oak allows chickens, we have decided to co parent a flock.

We are in the process of designing a coop and our ladies have been chosen and ordered, from My Pet Chicken.

Due to my current obsession with not only chickens but Downton Abbey. I have named all of our ladies after characters at Downton Abbey.

Just like Downton, some of the chickens are ornamental and some are just darn good egg layers.

Our coop is based on this one that we found on a very savvy bloggers site.
We(I mean I) couldn't be happier at the prospect of being an urban chicken owner.

Mimi, Luna, Kiki and I are taking full responsibility for the ladies. I am hoping that Terry and Stan will help in the coop building process.
our ladies, from left to right: Daisy, Lavinia,Anna Mae,Violet, and Elsie

These are our friends chicks
More details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers