A Tale of Two Sisters

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Is On The Wing

It was so exciting to feel the first breaths of Spring.

I always get into a frenzy of cleaning and organizing, purging unneeded junk.
I decided to clean out my desktop computer, in the hopes of stopping its infuriating slow pace and trying to organize my personal media.

I cleaned and scoured my hard drive , hooked up my printer to my wireless network and moved the desktop downstairs to the kitchen.
I then logged onto my much ignored blog and discovered that my last post was January 9th.

Yikes.

I have such a backlog of stories and photos. I don't know if I will ever catch up.

I guess, just like my teeny daffodils in the backyard, I will start anew and throw in some old craggly posts for posterity sake.

Last weekend, Terry surprised Mimi by booking a night at the Book Cadillac downtown.
Strange as it may seem, its been Mimi's dream to stay in this hotel.
Our view included the courthouse(Goodbye Kwame)
On special occasions we often go to the main restaurant in the hotel  called Roast. Mimi always takes longing look into the lobby and whispers, some day I am going to stay here.

What a lovely stay it was. We had dinner at Roast swam in the pool and generally soaked in the beautiful ambiance.
When we checked in Mimi requested a floor as high up as we could get. They upgraded us to an executive suite on the 20th floor(somehow, I think if Terry or I requested it, that wouldn't happen.)

She was so excited to have to enter her key card in order to go higher up in the elevator.
She immediately opened her door, carefully unpacked her clothes, scolded me for messing up the bathroom with my stuff, and ordered extra towels from housekeeping.

The Annual Corktown 5k race outside the hotel

Making the most of no valet service(during the race)

Mimi organizing her nightstand
A beautiful city

Putting on clear mascara for her dinner at Roast
Waiting to swim


Mimi was in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers