A Tale of Two Sisters

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Don't Stop Believin'







Mimi and I went to see Jonas last night. Jonas is a little cutie boy band that is in heavy rotation on the Disney channel.
The boys performed with a slew of other Disney teens in a big musical review.

I had not been to Pine Knob(as they call it now, DTE Energy Music theater), in quite a few years.

Back in the day, as a teen, I lived in the area and my friends and I spent a good amount of time at this venue.

The crazy part of this concert was not the monsoon like rains,the excessive screaming, the incredible crowd. The crazy part was during intermission. The stage was being prepared and there was a soundtrack blaring,I imagined a kind of tribute to my past years at the ole' Pine Knob.

The likes of Joan Jett, Elvis(Costello) and Joe Jackson were playing.

Then, Journey started playing and this audience stood up and sang, an anthem of sorts.
I was a little freaked out because it was my high school class song(1982). I voted against it then because the lyrics are about one night stands and loneliness. For my class song, I voted for "Rock and Roll High School"(Ramones).

I, at this very moment, had my one foot in 1982 and the other in the present, with a six year old and a child of 21.

My friend and I began to nervously laugh at the thought of how many more moments like these we will have in the next years. Like Scarlett Ohara, I choose to think of it tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers