A Tale of Two Sisters

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Come Running








Thanksgiving morning at about 5:30 am, Daddy, Mimi and I pried ourselves out of bed for the Detroit Annual Turkey Trot.

We were joined by our dear friend Michael, who was running his first 5k.

I decided to run the mashed potato mile for extenuating circumstances,none of them having to do with me taking the easy way out.
We arrived in the city where 17 thousand other runners had gathered in all states of festive dress.

All of the city was lit for the holidays. It was really lovely to be there. The city was beautiful and the energy of the crowd made you feel faster than a speeding bullet.

Speaking of speeding bullets, Mimi ran at a pace of a nine minute mile. She kept turning around, begging me to run faster. I simply replied that I was pacing myself(yeah right).At the finish line we received a thanksgiving turkey stress ball, she has since built her turkey his own shoe box house with bathroom.

Our friend Michael was also in the top 20 percent of his running class. It was a very lovely way to start a fat filled day.
Next year, we three run the 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers