A Tale of Two Sisters

Monday, February 20, 2012

Master Of The House

I bet I am one of the last ones to get on the "Downton Abbey" train, but no less enthusiastic.

I rarely watch real grown up television in the traditional sense(on a television). I had wanted to watch Downton for ages and could never seem to be in front of the tv at 9:00 pm every Sunday.

When I found out season one was on Netflix, I sat in our home office on a fainting couch and watched big blocks over two evenings. I must admit I was totally obsessed with finding out the fates of these characters.

Then I discovered that season 2 was on PBS. Org, days and hours later I was completely caught up with the saga and I had taken several other people along with me.


Mimi had watched a bit with me. She memorized the different servants uniforms and would immediately take issue if someone was not where they were supposed to be, or not dressed appropriately for that specific occasion.Apparently, she would run Downton like the Dowager Countess, with an iron hand.

JieJie has decided to jump aboard. Last night she texted me that she wants to have a dressing gong.
As I was watching, I felt a constant need to wear a top hat with a veil.Apparently Ralph Lauren felt the same way.

"Welcome to Downton".


For the love of God , I need a top hat

Paper dolls to recreate your favorite bits of the show

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers