A Tale of Two Sisters

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Unforgettable

Last weekend my baby sister got married.

We all gathered at the beautiful Alger House in Grosse Pointe , right on the Lake.

As any hugely planned family event, the day was crazy. Mimi was a flower girl along with the Matron of honor's daughter, Amelia.
The two embraced their roles quite seriously, and for months before the ceremony we thought Mimi might back out.

Mimi and Amelia had been schooled on their duties during the rehearsal a few nights earlier and they were like old pros.

The two slowly walked down the aisle with perfect timing and posture, not to mention a solemn tone that was down right regal.

The ceremony was perfect, the bride was her usual fantastically gorgeous self and the groom was very dignified, and handsome but you could also feel his awe of the moment to the back of the room.

I was in the back of the room because I wanted to make sure Mimi didn't make a break for it at the last minute. I had nothing to fear, she stood at the altar with complete focus and completely still through the ceremony.

As the couple began their vows, I glanced behind me at the view of the lake. Autumn is here and the water was turbulent but really beautiful. I knew my dad was there, so proud of his baby. He used to take us to watch the barges and large ships passing by, it was one of his favorite things.

We  all then enjoyed a lovely reception and then onto one of my dads favorite haunts when he was young.
The bride and groom invited the bridal party to feather bowl and have a few beers before they departed on their honeymoon.
It was a perfect beginning to a life together.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers