A Tale of Two Sisters

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The House of Sickness and the Return of the Jiej


It is official, the Sipes family lives in the House of Sickness.
The House of Sickness is a title we earned from my dear brother in law Steve.
Steve used to say that we were doomed to constant flu like virus because we lived on ancient Indian burial ground, or because the previous owner of the house died in the yard while tending his garden.

While my husband,believes it is due to silent black mold seeping into our pores from the inside of our walls.
I believe they have been watching too much reality TV.


My dear husband works as a pharmacist. I feel that every newly formed virus comes home with him.

Around Valentine's day he and Mimi got very sick with a virus and it is rearing it's ugly head again.
Poor Mimi, has been battling a high fever and heavy congestion for 2 days and it gets pretty sad when the kid takes her own temperature and asks to wear a face mask to protect her sister.

My darling mother has yet to come down with it, but today I am swabbing the decks,sanitizing the house and preparing for Jiej.
JieJie will be home for the week for spring break.

Mimi is so excited about Paulina's return. She is ready with a face mask and a newly cut daffodil.

1 comment:

  1. my poor little sick mimi , i hope you feel better soon boo. aunt cinny misses you very much. hope you have a happy happy easter to all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers