A Tale of Two Sisters

Friday, March 26, 2010

Mimi's Rockin Dance party



Mimi will be six this year and the idea of a class birthday party came to her about 8 months ago.

First she decided to go to Build a Bear workshop, then she wanted a spa day beauty party
I was thinking about a traditional backyard party with party games and hot dogs.

I have had many themed parties in the past and although they do keep you on a clear path for planning, they can make me, be and go, a little crazy.

After the daddy daughter dance, she decided she wanted a dance party and started talking about a party she had gone to that featured Hannah Montana.

I decided a compromise was in order., . Mimi created a guest list that included boys,so I didn't want to alienate them.I thought if I incorporated groovy musician type(School of Rock, not to much Hannah and Zac Efron) with dancing and hot dogs we could come together.

The rock and roll dance party was born, complete with temporary tattoos, guitar making ,disco ball and kiddy cocktails(just kidding), and yes hot dogs. Paulina's dad, proud owner of http://greatlakeshotdogs.com is providing the food and Jie Jie, Bill, daddy and I will be providing the entertainment.
Musical chairs with KISS playing perhaps?
Neighbors beware.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my... this sounds like an amazing bash! I will be watching for pictures and more blogging after the event takes place! I cannot wait!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful idea mimi & jules. how fun it will be. can't wait to see some pictures. terry said if i didn't get an invitation i couldn't come. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers