A Tale of Two Sisters

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'll Be Seeing You

Our darling friend Gabe , made a beautiful film about the "Honor Flights" of Michigan.

This is a privately supported program that runs in several states, that flies World War II veterans to see their monument in Washington, along with tours to Arlington and whatever they can fit in the span of a day.

I found out about the Honor Flight program through my darling father in law, who passed away a year ago in January.

Mr Sipes took this flight to Washington with his fellow service men and women, when he was 84.

My father in law was seventeen when he entered the service.

In his 86 years he had traveled the world, not just in service but he was a world traveler by nature and had experienced many adventures in his life.
The experience on Honor flight was one of his fondest.
As I sat in the theater this past Memorial Day watching this film, I went right back to Delavan's tearful recollection of the trip and how it was one of the greatest he had had in his life.

I cried for two hours. Terry had to work and couldn't attend the screening. I bought the DVD for him and he can't get through the first 15 minutes, without tears.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers