A Tale of Two Sisters

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cool

About a week ago, I told Mimi the story of how Terry and JieJie first met.
Terry came over for dinner, and at the dinner table he and Jiejie began conversing using oven mitts as puppets. This was their bonding point and I was definitely left out of the conversation. Terry was the first and reigning member of the Cool Club.

I was so thrilled that they got along so well that being humiliated by oven mitts was ok with me.


Mimi still talks about this story and took it to a new and more exclusive level.
We have recently made the basement a little more habitable so Mimi has decided to start the Cool Kids Club.
The club involves Terry, Mimi and Zelda, who all got immediate unquestioned membership.
I had to fill out an application, explaining my skills in cooking,singing and the ultimate question"Am I Cool enough?"
With much deliberation, it was decided that I would be allowed into the Cool Club and I was awarded a membership card with all of its perks.
At first I was a little taken aback, then I took the Groucho Marx opinion of not wanting to be a member of a club that had me as a member.  I quickly came to my senses and took my card, descended the stairs to the basement and embraced being a Cool Kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers