A Tale of Two Sisters

Monday, February 1, 2010

Anniversaries

Today is the anniversary of my mom and dad. They would have been married for 52 years.
My mom was in the hospital over the weekend. Friday afternoon she had lunch with some college chums.
I was at Chucky Cheese, yeah you heard it right, Chucky Cheese with Mimi and Annabel.

The girls had the day off of school and I wanted to sit on my computer while they lolled themselves into a tizzy with tokens and video games.

I came home from Chucky's. The girls went upstairs to begin building their pretend New York apartment.
I found a little strip of paper on the counter.
The note read:
"I am at Beaumont(emergency), feeling a heart thing, see ya later love mom."

Well, I jumped in the car, propelled 2 little girls in costumes to someones house. I then went to emergency to find my mother, on a gurney in black cashmere, perfect red lipstick... "what are you doing here?" she asks.

2 days later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers