A Tale of Two Sisters

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

wizards of waverly place

I am a forty five year old woman, with a five year old and a twenty year old.
I have lived through a ton of television.

I have lived through a ton of childrens television.

Sesame Street just celebrated a 40th anniversary.
My mom wrote a letter to PBS against Mr Rogers singing"Your body is fancy and so is mine".

I thought "Casey" on Mr Dress up" was a guy.

My five year old, my twenty year old and I are in watching a show on the Disney channel called "The Wizards of Waverly Place".


It is like a "Bewitched" or an "I Dream of Jeanie only with unbelievably great looking teenagers.

They are teens struggling with their angst and then they have powers that get them into wacky situations.
They also have the sexy mom and the ever so popular "sexy fat' dad.
So we watch, and Terry makes fun of us... but he watches it as well, out of the corner of his eye.

The Disney Channel in it's divine wisdom made a made for tv movie, that was a bigger budget and took the Wizards to an island holiday.
This movie was the highest rated cable movie of 2009.

Crazy ?
When I was five I was waiting for the "friendly giant "to rearrange his furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers