A Tale of Two Sisters

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Proud Mary


It is official, Mimi now wants to be referred to as Mary.

Thanks to her Aunt Suzanne, she has even received mail, with her "real" first name on it.
Her actual"real" first name is Mary Margaret. She is named for scores of great women on both sides of the family.

Mary is not ready to make the Mary Margaret jump yet.

I find it amazing how this mere slip of a girl has transitioned to a new name so quickly.

All of her school assignments have Mary Sipes on them. She signs all of her notes and paintings Mary.

On Friday, her class had earned enough good behavior points to have a game day. This special day, the kids can bring in any board or card games they want to play with a partner for an hour.

Mary wanted to bring in Rummikub. I took out a sharpie and promptly labeled the game Mimi Sipes. I then caught my error and put Mimi in parenthesis and carefully positioned Mary above her last name.

Mary, of course, caught my error and asked "Why does my game say Mimi on it" I improvised and said that I put it on the game so that her class and teacher would not be confused.

Mary then reassured me that all of her class and her teacher know that her name is Mary.

Oh well, I guess I have to change the name of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers